Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Senior Year...

IN YOUR SENIOR YEAR...

1. Did you date someone from your school?
Nope, not my senior year!
2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
No, but I married someone who lived in Duchesne before I did - so we never knew each other growing up!
3. Did you car pool to school?
Everywhere I ever lived I walked to school! (Powell, Wyoming; Billings, Montana; Duchesne, Utah).
4. What kind of car did you have?
I think the "kid car" was a little yellow Vega or Pinto... How goofy!
5. What kind of car do you have now?
I just totaled it and haven't replace it, so I'm Jeepin' it right now! It's fun!
6. It's Friday night...where are you now?
Watching "Monk" and "Psych" of course!
7. It is Friday night...where were you then?
Dragging Main or at home
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
Keith's Sport Shop - tying flies; Polar Queen - flipping burgers; USU Extension - secretarial work; Maggie Browning's Preschool - "The Sunshine School"
9. What kind of job do you do now?
Part time student --perpetually! (Still don't know what to be when I grow up!)
10. Were you a party animal?
Are you kidding?
11. Were you considered a flirt?
Too shy!
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Orchestra was non-existent (although I did take violin for awhile before I moved to Duchesne!) and I had no interest in band or choir - the teachers were wacky!
13. Were you a nerd?
I didn't think so, but maybe everybody else did!
14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
No, the worst things I ever did were trip Mr. Horrocks (I still feel guilty!) and kick Coach Browning in the shins (why would I do something so dumb?) ...and deflate his tires with DeeAnn Young (yes, I got in trouble!).
15. Can you sing the school song?
Yes, both verses!
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)?
Bro. Ashby - he was a great influence on me
17. Where did you sit during lunch?
Usually went home my senior year... It was kind of a lonely year, after breaking up with my boyfriend. But, yes, it was good for me!
18. What was your school's full name?
Duchesne High School
19. When did you graduate?
1980
20. What was your school mascot?
Duchesne Eagles
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Probably not. I have lots of good memories, but life got a lot more fun after high school!
22. Did you have fun at your Junior Prom?
I think so... I don't actually remember much about it. I had a "Gunne Sax" style pink dress, but I remember more about decorating and getting ready for it (went with Ken and Troy on a buying trip to Salt Lake for decorations) ... Although, I was named "Prom Queen"!
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with?
Yes, occasionally!
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
Yes - probably
25. Do you still talk to people from school?
Yes, thanks to the internet!
26. School Colors?
Blue and white
27. What celebrities came from your high school?
Ha! Ha! Ha!

4 comments:

beckylbd said...

I didn't know you were prom queen.

Leisa said...

I can hardly believe that you would trip a teacher and kick another one. I thought you were a nice girl!!

Dionne said...

That was fun to read about you Carol -- I didn't know you had it in you to do that to teachers, though:) What else don't we know!?

shane and dalene said...

Very interesting!
I had forgot you tied flies at Keith's Sport Shop.
Do you still tie them, or should I say could
you still tie them if you had a machine?
I've got one that my dad and I made when
I was 16. I started working for Hooper's at
age 12 and tied for them until I was about 21.
And how long since you've talked to Brother
Ashby? I talked to him last weekend and will
tell him how you're doing when he calls me
back this weekend. It's so good to hear things
are looking up for you. And that short curly
hair is something. I'm gonna have to show
this site to your friend Pam.
By the way, who did the Prom Queen go to the Prom with back in 1980?
Just wondering, as I was in Finland at the time.
Good luck to you!!!
p.s. this is from that one Rowley kid if you
can't figure it out