So, I finally lost the wig! About a month ago... And I am still getting used to seeing myself with short hair. The great thing about it is that I am no longer BALD! At least I have hair, and I've always wanted curly hair, so, for the time being at least, I get to experience it.
Honestly, I tug on my hair every morning when I am waking up, trying to make it grow longer, and measuring it to see if it grew overnight! It needs to be a little "blonder", but I'm trying to baby it and not stress it too much yet. You should feel how soft it is!
Okay, so tell me what this means...
A very nice older man at church last Sunday said,
"You look 15 or 20 years younger with that short blond hair!"
So... does that mean that I USED to look 59-64 and now I look 46, or that I looked 46 and now I look 26-31? I don't think either of those is accurate, so I'm still trying to figure out if I should feel insulted or complimented...
But, the real question is... when am I going to look like "Carol" again?


10 comments:
Look how cute you are!!! I love your short curly hair. Not everyone can pull off having really short hair, but it looks great on you!
You are beautiful!!
You ARE beautiful! I LOVE it Carol -- maybe it's just the new you:) Thanks for posting this -- I love seeing it --and curly. . . how fun is that!
Ok, I just looked at it again and I think you look like Julie Andrews! That is never a bad thing. . .She is one of my favorites too:)
P.S. Dean says, "Bummer...you don't look like HIM anymore". I guess you are officially out of the bald head club!
I love it. You look soooo cute with it. Like Leisa said you can really pull off the short look. I have always wanted to have short hair, but never dared do it.
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!
I think the short hair is gorgeous! You already look like "Carol" because you have always looked gorgeous, even bald. It was good talking to you for a few minutes last night. You sure gave me a good laugh...
I can't wait to see you in Moab.
Hi, Aunt Carol! I love your hair! it looks FABULOUS!!! Anyways, i'm bunkin' with the Cooks, and I love, love, love, love, LOVE you and your hair!
Lots and lots and lots of love,
Stacia
P.S. See you in Moab...eventually!
;)
carol you look so cute!! I miss you guys!
If you don't look like Carol, then who do you look like?
The short hair sure pops out your baby blues. I am just a little jealous. I have always wanted to wear my hair short. But 1. i don't have the face shape-like you do-.2. I am a little self con. of the scare on the back of my neck-from surgeries-. -But i am sure you can relate, i have read how bad of a time you had losing your hair, but hey, your alive, right? that's all that matters-.Embrace those soft short curls. You look good, love ya, PJS
Carol,
You are beautiful and I am JEALOUS! I love the curls. Mine is STRAIGHT. I think I should get a discount from the chemo doctor!!! I totally understand you when you say, "When will I look like Carol?" I'm always startled to see myself in the mirror. Just got my drivers license photo done - I wore my wig. Same for my passport. Where oh where did Lisa go, where oh, where can she be......?????
Post a Comment