Sunday, October 12, 2008

Walking Across Colorado!

You will be very impressed, I'm sure, to know that I am walking across Colorado! Well, little by little! Our stake has a program wherein you mark your progress until you have walked, run or biked enough miles to go clear across the state. The mileages are "as the crow flies". It is 400 miles to make it all the way across. Our whole stake RS presidency is doing it together, since you can work in teams, and our goal is to be finished by January 30th-- my original cancer diagnosis date. I think that it is a great way to celebrate this first anniversary!

I started keeping track on September 1st. I have a chart that lists the miles (again, "as the crow flies") from Lafayette to different destinations in the state. So far, I have "walked" to the Butterfly Pavilion in Westminster, Denver, Loveland, the Denver Temple, and I am one mile short of Greeley! I am marking off the places as I reach the miles needed to get there! It really is kind of fun so see the progress! Gee, I sure use a lot of exclamation points in my typing!

If you want to make up a similar plan for where you are living, you can get the mileages at geobytes.com. It will be fun to see how far I walk in the next few months, and how long it takes our presidency to "walk" clear across Colorado! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

beckylbd said...

January 30. What an awesome day! I wish you the best of luck in your walk across Colorado and hope you make it by my birthday, which just happens to be January 30.

Dionne said...

I think I'm going to try this! Maybe I'll even walk back to Colorado:) That would be a fun goal!