Okay, my little empty nest didn't stay empty for long! Yesterday, we had two missionaries move in. They will be here for up to six months. They have one of our bedrooms downstairs, and the bathroom down there, too. We completely cleared out the closet and dresser and bookshelves. I got new sheets and changed the "King-sized" bed back into two twins. I got a folding table and wwhite boards and clip on lamps. I changed all the pictures on the walls to missionary-appropriate ones. I clearedout the cabinet and drawers in the bathroom.
Now, all the refuse from the bedroom are scattered in the bedroom across the hall and in the shop downstairs. I have to make time to get down there and find a place for everything! The bedroom looks great, though, and I think they will be comfortable there.
I also cleared out a cupboard in the kitchen, and for me, the BIGGEST sacrifice was giving up a shelf in the refrigerator! They will take care of their own breakfast and lunch, and church members are supposed to take turns feeding them dinner. We will try to fill in when we can, though. Unfortunately, this week they didn't get any dinners! They are both brand new to the area, too, and don't know anyone.
They are both from Callifornia. They are also very nice, sweet kids! One of them just came to us from our friends, the Tarullos, ward! Sophie is also very happy to have them around! My computer is acting up (I'm typing on Cris's laptop), but when I get it straightened out, I'll post some pictures of their room!
4 comments:
I can't wait to see pictures of the room. You are so awesome to take in the missionaries.
It looks like you have been giving your blog a new look, too. It looks great!
Good for you! I am sure the missionaries will think they are at the Hilton being at your house!
Hey, is that "kiss is on my list" (I hope I'm hearing that right) like, THE song? YOUR (yours and dad's) song? Also, Madeline is looking at the blog with me and calling you guys "Danny and Bapa" (Grammy and Papa) Earlier I was showing her pics of you all and Maren was "Maymu", Jess was "Jaren" and Daniel was "Danno" FUNNY! We love you!!!
That's a fun way to fill a "nest". We had missionaries live with us in a basement room when I was a little girl -- my mom has some funny stories to tell because of that! You are good folk to do this:)
Post a Comment