Monday, June 28, 2010

Anybody Home?

Last night, as we were getting ready for bed, I realized that we were the only ones here! Since we became "empty nesters" a couple of years ago, there have only been a few weeks where we were the only ones in our house (if you don't count California!).

It seemed so quiet! But it is only temporary, as we still see Daniel regularly -- he is moving to Louisville to rent a house with some friends -- and Kelly and her babies will be here soon for a visit, as well as Jesslyn and Maren. After that, who knows?

We do like the quiet, but we love having our family and friends around, too, so it's good when they are here, and good when it is just Cris and me. We have the best of both worlds!

1 comment:

Gail Wester said...

Hi Carol! I have had your Christmas letter in my "to do" pile for almost a year! I was excited to see you had a blog and wanted to read it...today I finally did. We heard about Chris's new calling when we got together at the Tarullos. How exciting but I must say, not surprising. You two are one of the most amazing couples I know! I love you and miss you!