Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Okay, How dumb is this?

Okay, really. I think about my blog all the time. I have so many ideas about what to write about on my blog. I take pictures to put on my blog. So, why don't I ever get it done? I think I must be making it too hard on myself. Maybe it is better to write shorter, random posts, than wait and plan for the spectacular posts with pictures and well thought out musings.

So-- here is an update on me... if anyone hasn't given up checking to see if I have written anything lately! I just got home yesterday from Utah. The kids and I flew home from California a week ago Sunday. I helped Jesslyn move back to school, and we took Maren, too. It took us ten hours to get to Provo on I-70 in the snow! One of those trips that never seem to end.

Then, I went to Duchesne on New Year's Eve and spent a few days with my parents. Jess and Maren came out and spent the night, then went home to settle in before school started. The Cooks and Dastrups came over, and I got to have fun with them, too!

I should mention that Cris had to work, so he stayed in California. And how did he celebrate New Year's? By riding his motorcycle to Death Valley for three days!

I went to my old "home ward" on Sunday. Funny, even after nearly 30 years, there are still enough people there that I know to make it feel like home! I always enjoy being there.

I drove home on Monday. It was super foggy between Vernal and Rangely, and I could just imagine another all day trip, creeping slowly down the highways and freeways. To my surprise, after I left Rangely, it was a beautiful day! The trees and bushes were all frosted white, the mountains were sparkling with snow, the sky was blue and the roads were dry!

I was a little nervous that I might get drowsy, especially since I was driving alone, and I bit the dust last year, so I stopped in Rifle and got a large Diet Coke. Now, you have to know that I never drink caffeinated drinks to appreciate this. Well, I stayed wide awake all the rest of the way home. I got home around 3 p.m. I decided to start a cleaning and organizing frenzy and didn't get to bed until after 2 a.m. I just didn't get tired!

So the lesson for me is -- caffeine will work as a powerful No-Doze drug, as long as I don't have it too often! I was wired-- on one Diet Coke!

Well, enough random musings! It is good to be home in Colorado for a few days. I get to catch up on my life, get a start on spring cleaning, think about exercising (which is all I've done about it), play Farm Town, and get ready to head back to California and really HIT THE BOOKS! I have a class with a deadline I have to finish up quickly!

1 comment:

Dionne said...

It's always great to get updates from you, Carol! You're living an adventure right now and I like to hear how it's going. We miss seeing you guys. . . but it sounds like all of you are doing so well! Lots of love to you!