Okay, I know it has been quite awhile since I wrote... Maybe it will get better soon! I was just thinking how ironic it is that I started this blog when I was about to become an empty nester. I had agonized about that event for several years before it happened. And then-- my nest just wouldn't stay empty! Six weeks after Jesslyn left for school, we had two young missionaries move in with us. Four days after they left in the spring, Jesslyn moved home. A week after she left for Russia, Daniel came home.
So, the nest hasn't been too empty! And now, I'M the one flying the coop! Cris has a long term work assignment in California, and will be there for several months. He is leaving today. I will finish up things around here, pack, and then head south for the winter! Our empty nest will be in Southern California! Who'd have thunk? And Daniel will be here in Colorado, holding down the fort and taking care of Sophie.
I'll come home from time to time, to catch up on the house, my calling and my friends. I am really hoping that being away from my life, basically, will remove all the distractions that have slowed me down with school. I intend to study as much as I can and finish up my dreaded history class and term paper!
Bottom line, we just never know what life will hand to us, so we'd just better put on a smile, and enjoy the ride! (Speaking of rides, we will be right by Disneyland! I haven't been there since Cris and I went on our honey moon!)
3 comments:
Well that's a fun adventure for you! Good luck with your class. . . but don't study too hard ;) I'm sure there is lots to do in CA!
Matt sure loved visiting with you and wished he had more time. Thanks for stopping for a minute when he showed up!
Think of it as an extended vacation. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to have to spend the winter in California.
Can't wait to hear about all your adventures in Cali!! Hope you two have a blast!
Post a Comment