I finally figured out why I don't write so much on this blog... besides the whole time thing. It is because I don't put pictures up much! I get too busy to look through and edit and label them, and think it will take too much time, so I just don't write!
But I'm going to do better. So, my latest project... I painted my bedroom and bathroom and they look AWESOME! My bedroom is now "Balsam Beige" and my bathroom is a coordinating "Dirt Road". I love that name! It is a milk chocolate brown and it looks great with the white doors and trim and the gold shower trim and towel racks. I have had fun rearranging and adding and subtracting what I've had on my walls before.
I was worried about the gold in my bathroom, but my sophisticated friend, Karen, assures me that gold is coming in again! Yay!
I found a wonderful big print to hang on my wall. It is called "Cherry Blossom" and it is a 3/4 view from the back of a lovely Japanese woman in a reddish brown kimono with a gold obi. The background is green with cherry blossoms, and she has the same blossoms in her hair. The colors are the same as my bedroom, and since Cris and I both love Japan, I was excited to find it!
If you know me, you know I'm a bargain shopper! I found a frame in the Clearance section at Hobby Lobby. I am getting glass put in it at Toledo Glass (best price in town!). I went to Michaels and looked at a double mat. $43.60 and a two week wait! So I looked at Hobby Lobby... $26.00 and they cut it while I waited!
I am excited to put it all together. Tonight I've been painting the frame of a mirror for my wall. It is too "bright", so I think I'll antique it in the morning to tone it down. Why is putting a room together so much fun?
I think it's because I watch too much HGTV!
2 comments:
Carol I would love to see pictures. I'm sure it is beautiful -- your house always is. And I am missing Hobby Lobby more than anything else these days:) I even checked and the closest one is in New York! There is no other store like it.
Do you wanna come decorate my house next?! :)
I can't wait to see the new room and to see you next week!!! Why don't you come and be my personal interior decorator???
Post a Comment